Worship for Change in furtherance of her social entrepreneurship effort, will directly and positively affect the lives of over 120 orphans and children with special needs.
Last year, the Worship for Change benefit concert held at The Shell Hall of the Muson centre on Sunday October 21st , 2013. Artistes that performed before a packed hall at this event were Bob Fitts, Muyiwa Olarewaju, Flo, Freke Umoh, PITA and Psalmos.
Funds raised at the concert was in excess of Three million naira and is being disbursed today as follows to the following two beneficiaries:
– Centre for Destitute Empowerment, Idimu, Lagos founded by Pastor Samson Okoliko which caters for 82 children – orphans and kids with special needs. They will receive a cheque of N1.55 million.
– God’s Will Orphanage, Ayingba, Kogi State founded by Mrs. Elizabeth Opanachi. They currently take care of 45 children. They will receive a cheque of N1.55 million.
Since 2006, the Worship For Change yearly concerts helped to raise tremendous awareness and over N20 million to provide support for thousands of children cared for by charities the following charities:
– Hearts of Gold Hospice, Surulere
– Arrows of God orphanage, Ajah
– Patrick Speech and Language centre, GRA Ikeja
– Hephzibah Orphanage, Badagry
– Society for the Safety of the Insane and Destitute (SO-SAID)
– JAKIN NGO, Iwaya, Yaba
– Temitayo Awosika Help Foundation, Ilupeju
– Badagry and Ikorodu Sickle Cell clubs.
– LOTS Charity Foundation, Dustbin Estate, Ajegunle
– Downs’ Syndrome Foundation of Nigeria
– Jesus Children Mission Outreach, Ibadan
– Leprosy Mission Nigeria
– Total Child Educational Foundation, Surulere
– Calvary Ministries, Lagos
– Cerebral Palsy Centre, Surulere
– Raco child and rural care, Ibeju, Lekki
Specific details of their impact with respect to these charities can be found enumerated on their website – www.worship4change.org