Live Simulcast, Licensed Screenings, ‘Resolution’ Ceremonies
Echo Movie’s Call for Godly Fathering
The hit film COURAGEOUS opened at No. 4 in theaters last fall; its Blu-ray™ and DVD debuted in January at No. 1, selling more than a million copies so far; and its call to godly fathering has touched millions of people. Now, in honor of Father’s Day, churches across the country are planning activities to extend the film’s vital message.
Events planned for the weeks leading up to and on Father’s Day include:
- Licensed Screenings—Thousands of churches have obtained site licenses from Provident Films authorizing them to show COURAGEOUS in their facilities, and many churches plan to screen the film on June weekends leading up to Father’s Day, supported by special sermons and Sunday School classes drawing from ministry resources available with the film. (An annual license to show COURAGEOUS is available at ProvidentFilms.org/Courageous and prices start at $99, with a bonus offer of a 2-foot by 7-foot COURAGEOUS banner free with new license orders submitted by June 12.)
- Men of Honor Simulcast—A live simulcast from Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, Ga., will feature COURAGEOUS creators, actors and special guests. Sponsored by LifeWay Christian Resources, the event will touch men and their families nationwide on Friday, June 15, at 7 p.m. Eastern Time. Church groups and individuals participate for just $5 per venue—home or an auditorium. Registration is at LifeWay.com/MenofHonor. The two hours of teaching, worship and powerful stories will challenge men to strengthen themselves in Christ. The Men of Honor Simulcast features Michael Catt, senior pastor of Sherwood Church and executive producer of the film; Stephen Kendrick, co-writer and producer of COURAGEOUS; and Alex Kendrick, COURAGEOUS co-writer and director. Additionally the live praise, worship and teaching event features Ed Litton, senior pastor of First Baptist Church in Mobile, Ala., and a round table with COURAGEOUS actors Robert Amaya (Javier), Ken Bevel (Nathan), Kevin Downes (Shane) and Daniel Simmons (William Barrett).
- Resolution Ceremonies—The film’s stirring Resolution scene, in which a group of fathers touched by tragedy publicly resolve to be the godly leaders their families need, will serve as a model for similar ceremonies in many churches on Father’s Day. Men will stand up, affirm their commitment to the Resolution’s principles and sign a copy. A video now online at the COURAGEOUS YouTube page shows viewers how to conduct their own Resolution ceremony.
COURAGEOUS, produced by Sherwood Pictures, in partnership with Provident Films and AFFIRM Films, tells the story of four men, one calling: To serve and protect. As law enforcement officers, they are confident and focused, standing up to the worst the streets have to offer. Yet at the end of the day, they face a challenge that none of them are truly prepared to tackle: fatherhood. When tragedy strikes home, these men are left wrestling with their hopes, fears, faith and fathering. Can a newfound urgency help these dads draw closer to God . . . and to their children? Protecting the streets is second nature. Raising their children in a God-honoring way? That’s courageous.
For simulcast registration, connectivity requirements and more information, visit:LifeWay.com/MenofHonor
For information about the film and ministry resources, visit: CourageoustheMovie.com
And visit Lovell-Fairchild.com/pressroom for:
- COURAGEOUS BLU-RAY™ AND DVD Fact Sheet
- COURAGEOUS BLU-RAY™ AND DVD Expanded Special Features List
- COURAGEOUS BLU-RAY™ AND DVD Backgrounder on Changed Lives
About COURAGEOUS and Sherwood Pictures
COURAGEOUS is the fourth film from Sherwood Pictures, a ministry of Sherwood Baptist Church and part of the congregation’s vision to “change the world from Albany, Ga.” Three of Sherwood’s first four films—COURAGEOUS, FIREPROOF and FACING THE GIANTS—opened in the box office top 10. Brothers—and Sherwood pastors—Alex and Stephen Kendrick co-wrote COURAGEOUS, with Alex directing and acting and Stephen producing. Sherwood Baptist Senior Pastor Michael Catt and Executive Pastor Jim McBride and Terry Hemmings, president and CEO of Provident Music Group, are executive producers.
About AFFIRM Films
AFFIRM Films is a division of Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions (SPWA), a Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) company, dedicated to producing, acquiring and marketing films that inspire, uplift and entertain audiences. AFFIRMFilms.com
About Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is a Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) company. Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE’s global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; worldwide television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of entertainment in more than 142 countries. Sony Pictures Entertainment can be found on the World Wide Web at SonyPictures.com.
About Provident Films
Provident Films, a division of Provident Music Group, develops, produces and markets faith-based films. Nashville-based Provident Music Group, a division of Sony Music Entertainment, has been one of the world’s leading Christian entertainment companies for more than three decades. ProvidentFilms.org