The surprise hit OCTOBER BABY—an independent film that topped $5.3 million at the box office, sparked debate in national media and touched audiences nationwide with its entertaining love story and compelling message about the sanctity of life—debuts Sept. 11 on DVD with more than 2 hours of bonus features. Site licenses for screenings of OCTOBER BABY at churches and non-profit organizations go on sale today with showings starting July 9.
A production from Jon and Andrew Erwin and American Family Studios with Provident Films, OCTOBER BABY weaves a dramatic, romantic, humorous story of one young woman’s search for the truth after a life-changing discovery rocks her world. Distribution in the Christian bookstore market will be through Provident Distribution, while Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will distribute to all other domestic markets.
OCTOBER BABY drew praise from the faith community and the mainstream media:
- From the Los Angeles Times, “Fine performances and authentic emotion . . . a film whose poignancy is hard to deny.”
- From The Movie Reporter, “OCTOBER BABY is a powerful parable about healing. . . . It doesn’t preach, nor does it accuse, it merely makes a valid point that should be considered.”
- Ted Baehr of MovieGuide.org said OCTOBER BABY was “incredibly compelling with a great ending!
- Alex Kendrick, creator of COURAGEOUS and FIREPROOF, called it “a great film with a great message.”
- FamilyLife CEO Dennis Rainey said OCTOBER BABY is “Powerful! Outstanding! I was not prepared for the impact this movie would have on me.”Joyce Meyer, Bible teacher and best-selling author, said, “This film reveals the value of every person and their ability to enjoy their lives—by living to forgive.”
OCTOBER BABY stars John Schneider (Smallville, Dukes of Hazzard), Jasmine Guy (A Different World) and newcomers Jason Burkey and Rachel Hendrix, who plays Hannah. In the filmas the curtain rises, Hannah hesitantly steps onto the stage for her theatrical debut in college. Yet before her first lines, she collapses. Countless medical tests all point to one underlying factor: Hannah’s difficult birth. This revelation is nothing compared to discovering that she was actually adopted . . . after a failed abortion attempt. Bewildered, angered and confused, Hannah embarks on a journey with Jason, her oldest friend. In the midst of her incredible journey to discover her hidden past and find hope for her unknown future, Hannah sees that life can be so much more than what you have planned.
OCTOBER BABY marks the feature debut of Jon and Andrew Erwin who are multiple Dove Award winners for music videos featuring hit contemporary Christian artists such as Casting Crowns, Michael W. Smith and Francesca Battistelli.
The film’s unique blend of humor, romance, drama and a life-affirming message sparked controversy as well, generating front-page coverage in the New York Times. Additionally, the producers of OCTOBER BABY have assigned 10 percent of the profits of the movie to the Every Life is Beautiful Fund, which will distribute funds to frontline organizations helping women facing crisis pregnancies, life-affirming adoption agencies and those caring for orphans.
Special features on the OCTOBER BABY DVD include:
- Commentary by Jon and Andrew Erwin and the OCTOBER BABY family
- October Bloopers
- Deleted Scenes, featuring the characters Truman, Bmac and much more
- Shari Rigby’s story—How OCTOBER BABY helped an actor in the film deal with events from her own past
- Gianna Jessen: The Inspiration for OCTOBER BABY
- Singing the Praises of OCTOBER BABY
- Facebook Q&A with Rachel Hendrix and Jason Burkey
- Every Life Is Beautiful Stories
- Jon Erwin
- Gianna Jessen
- Andy Erwin
- Mark Hall (Casting Crowns)
- Pat Layton
- Ken Bevel (COURAGEOUS)
- Dan Atchison (OCTOBER BABY producer)
- The Afters Life Is Beautiful music video
RELEASE DATE Sept. 11, 2012
RUN TIME Approx. 107 minutes
SUGGESTED LIST PRICE $17.99
UNIVERSAL PRODUCT CODE (6-0234100529-6)
LANGUAGES Available with English 5.1, Spanish audio
English, Spanish subtitles
About Provident Films ProvidentFilms.org
Provident Films, a division of Provident Music Group, develops, produces and markets faith-based films. Nashville-based Provident Music Group, a division of Sony Music Entertainment, has been one of the world’s leading Christian entertainment companies for more than three decades.
About Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, LLC (TCFHE) is a recognized global industry leader and a subsidiary of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, a News Corporation company. Representing 75 years of innovative and award-winning filmmaking from Twentieth Century Fox, TCFHE is the worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company for all Fox film and television programming, acquisitions and original productions on DVD, Blu-ray Disc Digital Copy, Video On Demand and Digital Download. The company also releases all products globally for MGM Home Entertainment. Each year TCFHE introduces hundreds of new and newly enhanced products, which it services to retail outlets from mass merchants and warehouse clubs to specialty stores and e-commerce throughout the world.