The thing about sex is that it is easy to start. The media is pro fornication, in the ads on TV unmarried people have sex, in the books that are available premarital sex is the norm not to mention these new generation Nigerian Movies that not only portray premarital sex but also incest and lesbianism.

Premarital sex also has consequences, apart from the obvious risk of pregnancy and STD’s the bible says that while the children of Israel were in the wilderness 23,000 of them died because of this sin. 1 Corinthians 6:18: Flee sexual immorality. Every sin that a man does is outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. This means if you fornicate you are doing your own self harm.

Besides, a guy that cannot wait for you till marriage does not love you. Its hard to accept but it is the bitter truth. Love is not selfish and girls take a lot of risks with premarital sex coming from the birth control they use to risks of pregnancy which still exists. I admit there is a 99% chance you wont get pregnant but the guy is willing to take that 1% chance you will. What if you are the unfortunate 1 in every hundred people? what then.

I suggest that when one has sex, they make plans for a baby. The bible says when people have sex they become one. Guys what do you think the implications of you sleeping with a prostitute is? check out these verses:

1 Corinthians 6
15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and make them members of a harlot? Certainly not!
16 Or do you not know that he who is joined to a harlot is one body with her? For “the two,” He says, “shall become one flesh.”[b]
17 But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.

My darlings, my point is not to attack you but to ask you to change and if you are on the right track to stay there. Stay away from things that promote premarital sex like movies, music etc. spend more time with things that reinforce your beliefs remember the bible says that don’t be deceived evil communication corrupts good manners. Stop keeping friends that just love to talk about sex.

Ask God to help you. You cant do it on your own and it is no more acceptable for guys to have sex  than for girls. This article touched my heart:
http://yadamag.com/sacred-sex/
Where indeed are the male virgins?

Gods grace will help you. If you’ve made mistakes in the past… forget it. (Remember Phillipians 3 v 13: Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead) Just ask God to forgive you and move on but please try and stop OK. I’m not judging we have all made mistakes and sin really is sin… let he who is without sin throw the first stone.

Happy Easter again.

Thank God we don’t serve a dead God, JESUS IS ALIVE. The verse for the day is:

Philippians 3:10

10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death

Love,

Morenike

Image courtesy: bible.ca

3 comments

  1. Gosh! Dis messg hav touchd me, tank God 4 dis article,i wud hav made a mistake i will eva live 2 regret. Tanks dude!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*
*